Useful Services and Links for Older People
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. They aim to improve later life for everyone through our information and advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
This group is run by, and for, anyone aged 50 or over who live in Warwickshire. As well as encouraging people to come together and discuss local topics with invited guest speakers about key issues and information share, it is also a great way for people to come together and make new friends and share experiences.
FirstStop’s national advice team have a number of specialisms, including:
- Specialist accommodation for older people, including care homes and housing with care and support services
- Accessing statutory services
- Care and support for people with dementia
- Welfare benefits and entitlements
- Hospital discharge arrangements
- Care funding options for self funders
- State funding for care
- Help available to stay in your own home
- If you need more information or advice than the team can provide, they may offer to introduce you to an external specialist, such as an Independent Financial Adviser.
Internet and email help is available for the over 50s in County Council managed libraries.
One to one sessions with a Library ICT and Learning Officer are available in County Council managed libraries.