Legal Help For Housing Repossessions

There is nothing to show here!
Slider with alias Legal-Help not found.

North Warwickshire Citizens Advice is working with the Legal Advice Centre University House to help those people in Cornwall most at risk of losing their homes.
Free representation is available for those facing possession proceedings in court, and staff working on the project are on hand to provide help and support before the hearing. The scheme covers mortgage repossessions, tenancies and squatters.


It’s often the case that the most vulnerable people do not seek help until the last minute and sometimes do not take advantage of the free service at all so face a greater risk of losing their home and becoming homeless.


If you’re facing possession proceedings at Truro or Bodmin courts get Legal Aid assistance as soon as possible before a hearing date. For help contact or call 0208-980-5522 (weekdays 10am-4pm).

If you can’t get Legal Aid in time, you can get free legal advice (whatever your finances) on the date your case is reviewed.
The court will send a Notice of Review which tells you how to get this free legal advice on the day. The legal adviser may be able to help resolve the case so you don’t have to go before a judge at a later date.


If you have a hearing date and haven’t sought Legal Aid, you can still get free legal advice and representation but your adviser will have more time to put together a case if you seek help at an earlier stage.