Overview of the role:
At North Warwickshire Citizens Advice, our people are at the heart of everything we do. So that we can provide a high-quality service that supports our community, it is vital that we ensure our volunteer and paid staff are given the training and development support and opportunities they need.
Our L&D team would welcome volunteers who would like to contribute to the organisation in this way.
Some activities that are available in the L&D support role are:
- Provide administrative support to the L&D team, processing volunteer applications to North Warwickshire Citizens Advice
- Support other North Warwickshire Citizens Advice volunteers and paid staff with L&D needs, being able to assist them with their training platform and plans.
- identify areas where advisers or assessors may need more training and share this information with the relevant colleagues, such as the L&D Lead or L&D Trainers.
- help the L&D team to deliver training, or mark the work of trainee assessors or advisers
- Update volunteer recruitment databases
- Support induction and open days for new or potential volunteers
- Help deal with volunteer enquiries
- Help volunteers to reflect on their experiences of volunteering and explore reasons for volunteers who leave
- Support our engagement and ambition of expanding L&D within the organisation, prioritising continuous professional development for all.
What’s in it for you?
- learn about different volunteer roles and the experiences of volunteers
- have a positive impact on someone else’s experience of volunteering with the local Citizens Advice
- meet people and build relationships with new volunteers
- build on valuable skills such as communication, feedback and training.
- increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- make a real difference to people’s lives, including to people who go on to volunteer, and to clients who receive a service from volunteers
- have a positive impact in your community
What you need to have:
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills
- have a positive attitude towards volunteering
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer within the L&D role; on average we ask for a minimum of one day per week (Monday – Friday) commitment to this role, which can be flexibly undertaken throughout the week. Please come and talk to us to let us know what time commitment you can offer.
What does the training look like?
On joining North Warwickshire Citizens Advice, you will receive a full induction and introduction into the service. On completion of this, you will receive comprehensive training on the systems and processes required within your role, and receive full support and guidance from the L&D team.