16 Jan Energy Savers Week 2024 (15th – 21st January, 2024)
Citizens Advice have teamed up with the Energy Saving Trust this Energy Savers Week (15 – 21 January) to bring you some top tips that will help you save both energy and money on your heating.
Throughout the week, through our social media channels, we’ll be sharing more winter warmer tips to help you stay warm and save energy.
Discover how you can use these, and other, low-cost energy efficiency tips around your home, and how much money they could save you.
Five winter warmer tips:
- Turn down your thermostat by 1°C and save around £105 a year on energy bills.
- But to keep comfortable and stay safe we recommend staying above 18°C.
- Switch your heating off when leaving the house for a few hours.
- It’s cheaper to reheat your home than keep your heating on low when you’re out, unless you own a heat pump.
- Fit draught-proofing strips to your windows and doors and save around £45 a year.
- This can be a quick DIY job. Keeping extra heat in your home will leave you feeling warmer and more comfortable.
- Get a hot water cylinder jacket and save roughly £50 a year on energy bills.
- Jackets are easy to fit, typically cost under £30, and you’ll also spend less on a hot shower or bath in the future.
- Keep furniture away from radiators and heaters to feel warmer at home
- Don’t overwork your system by blocking your source of heat and remember to remove radiator covers to get more value for money.
If you want to get more information please call 01827 712852 to arrange an appointment with our Energy Advisors.